3 Ways to Build Resilience During Trying Times
Health, Wellness, & Safety
You must be logged in to view the full article!
As the current COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause fear and panic throughout the world, feeling stressed is an understatement. First and foremost, it’s important in a time like this to stay calm and clear. Don’t rush to conclusions or give in to the panic without looking at facts. Breathe.
While the situation is affecting businesses and causing unexpected problems, it’s also taking a toll on health—even if you’re not infected with the virus.
As a board-certified health counselor and nutrition expert, I’d like to offer three tips on how to stay healthy, reduce stress, and build resilience during a pandemic.
- Eat an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Eat whole foods, mostly vegetables.
- Hydrate with room-temperature water.
- Avoid refined foods.
- Increase the amount of rest and sleep.
- Have a morning and night routine.
- Focus your mindset on the controllables.
- Write down your priorities and plan your day.
- Slow down and pause to have deep reflection.
- Practice deep, slow breathing.